vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

1.01.2007

HAPPY NEW YEARS!


NYE, originally uploaded by staarkidd.

Christian tried to lead us in a rousing round of Auld Lang Syne, although no one knew the words. Jason won the "longest blow" contest, hands down!

I cannot say that I have resolutions for this year. First, because I have a terrible memory and can never remember resolutions. Second, I've come to realize that the changes of my life are slow in coming. There are two I might mention, although they are realizations that have by chance landed on the turn of a new year.

It has just occured to me that experience has been an addiction for some time. I chase after them but then remember little of them. There are experiences that i can hardly recall that I know would be a life dream for many people. Isn't this somehow wasteful? I think i would like to begin having fewer but more meaningful experiences, while learning to enjoy the downtime.

Jack of all trades, master of none. I recognize the energies I have invested into my weaknesses. This year, I would like to focus on my stregnths. Specifically, to add knowledge and skill to the things I have a natural aptitude toward. I don't yet know what that looks like, but the idea of it is certainly invigorating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home