vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

6.07.2006

"In the brain, oxytocin is involved in social recognition and bonding, and might be involved in the formation of trust between people." (wikipedia)

so -yes, i'm running out of things to blog about. today i thought i 'd share a nothingness-jibber-thought i had just after lunch when i found a big white plate on my chair holding one tiny chocolate chip.

As many of you know, there are moments when i have irresistable cravings for dark, lucious, creamy chocolate.. did i mention dark? Yesterday was one such day. Usually, i would take a stroll down the hall and visit my "supplier" and if she was not available, i would visit my back-up supplier. Both of these women, however, have taken their supplies and left the company. I found myself aimlessly wandering the halls, peeking into stations and asking relative strangers if they happened to have any dark chocolate they could spare. none to be found.

Overnight an angel came to my rescue. Five different co-workers dropped off beautiful presents of chocolate in my office - each one annonymously and cleverly! I was amazed how how such a simple gesture truly made me feel closer to my co-workers. Bringing a girl chocolates really can make a difference. I think my oxytocin levels have taken a rise!

1 Comments:

  • it continues... every day this week was greeted with an annonymous dark chocolate treat... even the day i didn't go to work! Thank you my dark chocolate angel, whoever you are!!

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home