vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

5.06.2006

Dennis-Women


Dennis-Women, originally uploaded by staarkidd.

it's very odd how we humans learn to cope with difficult things. I had been eager to go up to New Jersey to see my grandmother for weeks. Not long after we crossed the NJ border, my sister mentioned how she hadn't been looking forward to this trip. For a moment, i was puzzled. Then i realized that somehow i had escaped the thought that my grandfather would not be there. I was shocked. then i felt really ill and wondered if i would be sick. it was a long time before i could speak again. i've heard so much about denial but was really amazed to find myself coping this way.

The trip turned out to be very lovely. I also realized for the first time how strong (not in a domineering or aggressive sense but in a gentle, steady and wise sense) the Dennis women are and have been for generations. Grandma was more alert and agile than she was the last time i had seen her. She laughs frequently and loves deeply.

4 Comments:

  • you are the tallest Dennis woman.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 AM  

  • I told my mom and sis that my pet-name is midget. they said, "what does that make us, dwarves?" then we all giggled. my mom sneezed and my sister fell asleep.

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 2:55 PM  

  • the other day i remembered "little deb" (=

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 PM  

  • as opposed to...?

    :-)

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home