vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

5.06.2006

headin home


green, originally uploaded by staarkidd.

There's something that speaks to me of home in the northeast. something beyond the pressence of family. something deeper than memories. It's been awhile since i've been in PA during the springtime and i find myself longing. longing for what, i'm not sure.
I am on the train from philadelphia. it is a warm May afternoon. I am on the rich route. bryn mawr, villanova, haverford.... the homes look like estate-sized country cottages. The dogwoods and cherry blossoms are in bloom. a woman is walking two black dogs. a teenage girl sits on a roof. Green. green. green. i feel as though my eyes cannot hold the weight of the color. it drips from the leaves. it carpets the earth. the dandelions and buttercups burst forth from rich beds of brilliant green grass. i find myself wondering if i will ever return and live in this place. It is so rich. rich with money. rich with education. rich with culture and opportunity. it is saturated. while i love it now, passing so quickly by the window of this train, i know the train will soon stop. I will get off and remember why i cannot stay. until then, these moments of dreaming and longing will satisfy my restless soul.

1 Comments:

  • LOL. i REMEMBER now! I'm allergic to green! itchy eyes, sneezing, runny nose... ugh. This is why i've always prefered an eastern autumn to an easter spring...

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home