vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

8.23.2006

yikes! parasites!


parasite, originally uploaded by staarkidd.

For the last few months, i've been outwardly calm but inwardly freaking out at the thought of this little critter slithering around my innards. Today was the big day at the infectious disease clinic where my doctor poked and listened and asked some very personal questions. So far, he's giving me great news! My previous test results show traces and antigens of parasitic activity but no actual parasites. he's pretty sure that i'm clean as a whistle! Apparently, at some point i played hostess to a bunch of bad-boys but my body has been able to fight them off naturally. I will do one final test to confirm this wonderful theory. Just in time for a big trip to South America!

4 Comments:

  • Thats not you. Where and when are you going to South America?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 AM  

  • Great news Deb! Although i thought it might be cool to have a friend with a parasite...and you were my best hope!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 AM  

  • don't worry kari, i'll still fuction as "trail water-tester"! then you can call me your friend who may get a parasite at any moment.

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 11:34 AM  

  • It IS me... ok. it's not me. heading to the southern cone late october by my best estimates. still waiting for the day i can go up to macchu picchu, but not this time.

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home