vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

7.22.2005

aramaic


aramaic, originally uploaded by staarkidd.

Joel Strayer has motivated me to investigate one of Christ's sayings in the original language for a tattoo. The journey has been inspiring and has caused me some wonderful moments of reflection.

Today i came across the aramaic translation of that famous verse about "Ask and it will be given to you". Let me share with you another translation from the aramaic, not word for word, but meaning for meaning...

All things that you ask straightly, directly, that you desire-
like an arrow to its mark,
like birds to their watering place-

from the Breathing Life of All, Parent of the Universe, with my shem -my experience, my Atmosphere, my word, you will be given.

So far, you haven't done this.
So ask without hidden motive and
be surrounded by your answer-
be enveloped by what you desire-
that your gladness be full-
that the joy of goals me here
may continue its story to perfection-
that the animal life in you
find its lover in the Cosmos (universe as in a harmonious and unified light).

Yes, perhaps a bit on the mystical side, but my revelation is afresh that the creator of this Cosmos, my spiritual parent cares not only for me, but for my goals, aspirations, dreams. I am a part of his story and he will work the plot to be in harmony with his wishes for the order of the universe and my wishes according to the path he has set before me. i need not fear to ask anything nor to hide away my motives but expose all to him and allow him the opportunity to answer as directly as i ask.

3 Comments:

  • beautiful and inspiring.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • and will make a lovely tattoo, don't you think?

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 10:17 AM  

  • yeah. its long...they might run out of skin...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home