vi·car·i·ous trav·el·er

12.24.2004

Middle of the Earth magic tricks


Egg on the Ecuator, originally uploaded by staarkidd.

Two and two... the equator runs through ecuador... ah, yes. It took me a moment. Joan and Don took me to the center of the earth where 0 longitude meets 0 lattitude. It took me a further moment to process the fact that east always runs east, west always runs west but north goes to the top and then runs south. As the good missionaries the Ewan's are, they reminded me of the bible passage that says God will throw our sins as far as the east is from the west and Not the north from the south or they'd come right back at us.
I also discovered that you can balance an egg on end all along the equator! Straddling the line, i wondered what was happening inside of me... and then someone swiped our egg!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks Aaron! I hope santa's elves, cough, brought you something wonderful for Christmas!

    By Blogger Staarkidd, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home